Project #2: Robot arm
Due: 12 Nov. 11:59pm
- Due: 12 Nov. 11:59pm
- Send an e-mail with your code attached. (Do not attach
EXE of LIB files.)
- Describe, in detail, how your code can be compiled in
- Send all the files required to compile. Otherwise, you may lose points.
- Make sure your code is compiled correctly.
- You can use other languages other than C,
(C++, Java, etc.) but describe how to compile (or run) your code carefully.
Objective: To implement a robot arm.
Let me know if you have any problem with the executables!
- Render a container box with some objects (spheres, cubes, etc.) inside.
- Render both "faces" and "edges"
of objects to make them look 3D.
(See sample05.c to see how to use
- Use perspective projection for camera.
- The aspect ratio should stay the same when the window is resized.
Implement an "interactive robot arm with claws".
- By pressing the arrow keys,
the arm should keep moving in the corresponding direction.
- While moving, if the arrow key with the same direction is pressed again, the arm should stop moving.
- While moving, if any other arrow key is pressed,
the arm should keep moving in the new direction.
- If the space bar is pressed,
the arm should
do the following action:
- opens the claw,
- stretches to the bottom,
- closes the claw to grab an object, and
- shrinks back.
The arm should grab an object if
it lays close to the position of the arm.
You can decide the "sensitivity" as you want.
Just make it "look reasonable."
Make your program more interesting!!!